Labels

Saturday 20 April 2013

Recipe - Steamed beef with preserved vegetable

Tired of being sick for the past 1 week. I've decide to cook healthier dish tonight. I've had this recipe book of "steaming" by not too sure who the author is since I cant read chinese.

Since this is 1st try, I gave disclaimer to my family before start cooking... "if its turn out bad, it won't be my fault since I follow recipe."

Very easy to prepare. Taste wise ok.. sweet & sour with sesame oil fragrance. Definitely not as nice as prawn paste fried chicken, just that it definitely healthier. Time to prepare & cook: less than 20 minutes.

Ingredients:
300g sliced beef and 1 small piece preserved vegetable (szechuan vegetable)
Light soy sauce
Corn starch
Sugar
Sesame oil

Method:
1. Cut preserved vegetable into thin slice and wash. Marinade with 1tsp sugar and 1tsp sesame oil.
2. Wash beef and drain. Marinade witg 2 tsps light soy sauce, 1tsp corn starch and 1/2 tsp sugar.  After 5 min, add 1 tbsp water and wait for another 5 min.
3. Place preserved vegetable and beef alternately on dish.
4. Place dish on steam rack when water boiled.  Cook over high heat for 5 min. Ready to serve.

Tips: soak preserved vegetable for at least 10 minutes to remove saltiness.

Ps: sorry for posting picturw not in sequence. 1st time uploading via smart phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment