Labels

Sunday 26 August 2012

Recipe - Tofu and Pacific Clams

My 2nd try from "Tofu Tofu" Joy of Cooking recipe book.

This recipe is good and very healthy with many choices in 1 plate. I have my greens, hubby has his clams, boys have tofu and crab stick. Great choice!

This Recipe book worth to buy!! They have many other series like vegetables, asian cuisines etc. I will search for the other series in future.

Verdict: 4/5 stars.
Future improvements: As I use Maggi Chicken Stock, I will take note for not adding too much soy sauce in future.

Ingredients:
1. Egg Tofu
2. Green Vegetable -- Baby Bok Choy, Baby Chye Shim or Shanghai Greens. I used Shanghai Greens in my 1st try.
3. Dried Shitake Mushroom
4. Pacific Clams
5. Crabsticks
6. 2pcs Garlic
7. Seasonings: Oyster Sauce, 1 cup of chicken stock and some light soy sauce



Methods:
1. Cut Tofu into small pieces and fried it. Remove and place it on serving plate (above green vegetables). My green vegetables still in boiling stage, thus I served it on empty plate here.


2. Blanch the green vegetables with boiling water. Remove & place it on serving plate.

3. Soak Mushrooms till softened. Cut Pacific Clams into 1/2 and crab sticks into 4 pcs per stick.
4. Heat the wok, pour 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry Garlic till fragrant, add mushrooms, pacific clams and crab sticks. Stir fry. Pour in Seasonings.

 

5. When the gravy has thickened, pour over the tofu and vegetable. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment